A Unique Music Summer Music Camp
Looking for a music camp for kids? Treblemakers Music School has the most innovative summer music program in Brooklyn! More than just a band camp, our summer music program is a great introduction to becoming a musician. Students experience the entire process of music creation, from learning instruments to playing as a band, then moving into the creation of a music video that documents their entire two-week session.
No Experience Necessary
Children will learn and practice basic music skills tailored to individual levels from beginner to advanced. Music Experience is a big plus, but each band member will receive instruction on their Rock Ensemble instrument of choice. Students also get the opportunity to learn about and explore the other rhythm section instruments:
Each and every budding rock star will have parts they learn, practice and record as they experience the process of playing music with others and participate in the following activities.
- Music Skills – Build and expand knowledge of music symbols, rhythms and note-reading through fun apps at computer/keyboard stations and during Music Game Show where students compete in teams with game show buzzers.
- Mini-classes- Students learn to read music, build keyboard skills and perform a drum part. Guitar and bass mini-classes are also offered for those interested. Parts are tailored to individual level so that all students from beginner to advanced can participate and grow.
- Music Video Lab – Learn how music videos are made, and be part of one, acting out the music performed by fellow campers.
- Play in a Band – Work together to rehearse and record music while learning about instrument roles.
- Recording – Learn all about the process of recording and editing music while building the audio for the end of session music video.
Fun In The Sun
Mornings are spent on making music together, but children also need time to run off steam and relax together as a team, which is why – weather permitting – afternoons are usually spent in a local park. In case of bad weather, we make productive and fun use of our extra studio time.
Music Video – Park Slope Day Camp
All campers will be featured in a recorded group performance at the end of their session. Please note that permission to be featured in our YouTube channel will be mandatory in order to participate in this program. From analyzing existing music videos to brainstorming and story boarding and finally to shooting the video components, our campers will act as a production team to create their own music video, destined for YouTube greatness!
Schedule and Fees
Session 1: July 10th – July 21st – 2-week program
Session 2: July 24th – August 4th – 2-week program
Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Ages 6 and up
Cost: $1,000 per two-week session.